Customized medication compounding allows our pharmacy to formulate drugs that may not be commercially available. By working with your doctor, we can customize the strength and dosage form of a medication to your needs.
Compounding medications may involve:
- Preparing formulations without preservatives or dyes
- Changing a formulation strength to meet an individual patient’s need
- Using a wide variety of dosage forms such as capsules, topical skin preparations, suppositories, troches (lozenges), liquid drops and trans-dermal gels
- Preparing liquid suspensions for those who cannot swallow a tablet or capsule
- Flavoring medicine to improve its taste
We also compound veterinary medications!
Talk to our pharmacy staff to see if our compounding services may help you!